With all the negativity going around these days (read the news for an update), I've decided to focus on the highlights from my week. No, I'm not bypassing the news. I will eventually write about it, but right now I'll share things I've bought, things I've read, things that made me smile, etc., because I need a little bit of sunshine.
- I love these paintings I purchased from Kayla Arroy, who I met on Instagram. The layered colors remind me of West Texas.
- I can't wait to receive this amazing bag from Oddballl Vintage based in Austin. I'm such a bag lady and it's hand painted and leather. Win.
- I spent the past five days at Marfa Poetry Festival listening to fellow writers and watching musicians such as Joyero, Josh Jones, Rob Mazurek and Christopher Owens. I think it's a great debut year and I can see this festival grow each year.
- I'm participating in Popsugar Reading Challenge this year. I was a little burned out from my journalism job, so I needed to remind myself why I love to read again. I'm off to a very late start, but I'm determine to check everything off before the clock strikes 12 on NYE.
- A former classmate Barak Tamayo is selling merch he's designed online. I sat across from him in our fifth grade class and he was always drawing something, so he going into the designing world is no surprise to me. I bought a cell phone case with "100% Texican" (because I am), and a sweatshirt with "The Walking Decaffeinated" (I can't wait to wear this while I work at the coffeeshop).